|JOB TITLE:||Associate Director|
|REPORTS TO:||Associate Board of Directors|
|STATUS:||Full-Time, 1 FTE, Salary, FLSA Exempt|
|TRAVEL:||Some Local and State Travel for Meetings|
|HOURS||8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Alternate work schedule to include some evenings and week-ends.|
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the full-time, exempt Associate Director will provide the day-to-day operations of the department. The Associate Director will assist with managing the legislative activities. Represents the issues of SCHA-MI before local, state and national entities. Assist with developing and carrying out SCHA-MI’s annual policy agenda. Develop public policy position papers through research and data analysis. Provide monthly legislative updates to the Board of Director’s and CACH field. Assist with developing legislative events such as youth and field advocacy days.
- Provide daily supervision of staff.
- Assist with directing and overseeing daily operations.
- Assist in developing and monitoring budgets. Review and interpret financial statements.
- Carryout work plans.
- Oversee contracts and agreements.
- Assist with development of SCHA-MI’s strategic plan
- Research and apply for grants to support the work and mission of SCHA-MI.
- Attend board and committee meetings as needed.
- Attend state meetings and serve on advisory committees.
- Interacts on an on-going basis with membership
- Works with the Executive Director to carry out the vision of the board.
- Ensure communications and coordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with the production of key communication tools such as e-newsletters, stories, etc.
- Assist with the production of outreach materials such as flyers, displays, articles, etc.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and fostering publicity for SCHA-MI and CAHCs and its policy agenda.
- Assist with developing and writing SCHA-MI’s annual report.
- Development of presentations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in human services, education, public health or related field.
Required: Three or more years of experience working in education or human service agency. Experience working with a school based health center or health care is preferred. Supervisory and management experience is required. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple demands. Strong communication skills including public speaking, conducting presentations and excellent writing skills. Ability to work independently and initiate new projects. Knowledge of the state and federal legislative process. Managerial and supervisory skills essential. Association experience preferred.
LICENSURES: Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular work and deadlines impose strain on a regular basis. Working some non-traditional hours to meet the organization’s needs and accomplish duties of position which may include evenings and weekends. Some state travel for meetings may occur.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements; 1) ability to use and retrieve information from the computer, 2) ability to read large amounts of data and small print and 3) travel to sites requiring walking and carrying items. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the otherwise qualified applicants unable to fill one or more of these requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com