|JOB TITLE:||Association Manager|
|REPORTS TO:||Associate Director|
|STATUS:||Full-Time, 1 FTE, Salary, FLSA Exempt|
|TRAVEL:||Some Local and State Travel for Meetings|
|HOURS||8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Alternate work schedule to include some evenings and week-ends.|
Reporting to the Associate Director, the full-time, exempt Association Manager will provide support to the Executive Director, Associate Director, and/or Board of Directors for the day-to-day activities necessary to operate 501c3 or c6 association. This position will provide support for administrative and project management; database management and financial management.
- Various administrative duties (telephones, filing, open and distribute mail, correspondence, etc.); provide support to Executive Director, Associate Director, Board members & committees as needed; maintain positive internal and external relationships for the association.
- Schedule board meetings, take minutes, and attend meetings, as required; assists with arranging for trainings with the field.
- Assist Executive Director and Associate Director with maintaining and monitoring budgets, serve as liaison with accountant; assist in preparing for annual audit.
- Oversee publication and production of all printed material; ensure timelines are met; and work with staff in compiling and creating publications.
- Maintain association database, seek new members through a membership campaign.
- Maintain and update Association website, as assigned.
- Assist with conducting events for the association.
- Maintain association documents in both electronic and hard copy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college
Required: Three plus year’s administrative and project management. Excellent writing and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer-service; working knowledge of database management system and computerized accounting; and experience in meeting and association management helpful. Association experience preferred.
LICENSURES: Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular work and deadlines impose strain on a regular basis. Working some non-traditional hours to meet the organization’s needs and accomplish duties of position which may include evenings and weekends. Some state travel for meetings may occur.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements; 1) ability to use and retrieve information from the computer, 2) ability to read large amounts of data and small print and 3) travel to sites requiring walking and carrying items. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the otherwise qualified applicants unable to fill one or more of these requirements.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org