Press Conference: Ending Bullying in Michigan
NEW REPORT PROVIDES POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS
WHAT: Ending Bullying in Michigan: Presentation of Report and Press Conference
WHEN: October 26th, 2015 8:30am – 11:00am
WHO: School-Community Health Alliance of Michigan, Wayne State University, Michigan’s Children, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Michigan Board of Education
WHERE: Zion Lutheran Church 1501 W Liberty St Ann Arbor, MI 48103
CONTACT: Kevin Lignell, Communications Director School-Community Health Alliance of Michigan
(616) 550-1640 Klignell@scha-mi.org
A new report from Wayne State University provides insights of the status of adolescent bullying in Michigan. In 2011, Governor Snyder signed anti-bullying legislation which required school districts throughout the state to develop anti-bullying policies within the next six months. In 2015, he added cyber bullying to that legislation.This press conference aims to address the following questions and provide discussion for the future on the issue of school bullying and responses to bullying.
- What is the status of the bullying in Michigan?
- What are the experiences of teens who have been bullied?
- Has recent legislation helped to reduce bullying?
- What programs and initiatives are effective at reducing bullying?
- What other steps can we take to reduce bullying?
Download the Media Advisory and Agenda